[ SHOWGSD-L ] from the NAIA Trust on AB 1634

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 22:13:04 -0400

 From Patti Strand, NAIA Trust
and shared by Peggy

We are approaching a critical time in the fight against AB 1634, so we
have set up www.capwiz.com/naiatrust/home
at the NAIA Trust lobby center to send faxes as well as emails. That is,
we have enabled it so that you can compose an email
or format a letter and send it as a fax by hitting send.

Levine won't bring the bill to the floor unless he thinks he has the
votes.  He has proposed new amendments during the last few days and tomorrow
is the next time he can bring the bill or the amendments to the floor
for a vote.

We  have no special crystal ball or predictions, but think it's a good
time to send another round of opposition letters to assembly members.

The proposed amendments do not change our opposition to the bill, which
is fundamentally flawed. The bill is unnecessary because steep
declines in shelter impounds and euthanasias have occurred without such
draconian legislation over the last several decades.
AB 1634 will not achieve its stated goal.  Instead, it will lead to many
unintended consequences: AB 1634 will undermine the long-term shelter
population trend, harm the economy, and drive pet owners out of the system.

Please go to the NAIA Trust Lobby Center (www.capwiz.com/naiatrust/home)
now and write and send your letter!
The talking points are provided as guides. Modify them to fit your point
of view.