[ SHOWGSD-L ] from KGSDC....regarding louisville specialty club...forwarded with permission

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:53:51 EST

In a message dated 3/12/2005 3:23:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, JLawson435
writes:
First of all it is called the KENTUCKIANA GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB!  We are
in LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY.  We are not allowed to have shows in Indiana.
Now for the good stuff.  I don't know who keeps spreading rumors is wrong. We
are small but we are ALIVE AND WELL. We plan on being around for many years
to come.  We didn't know we were such a hot topic until we started receiving
phone calls to check and see if our Spring show would be our last.  As all of
you know entries are down all over the country and there are not only  GSD
Clubs, but Kennel Clubs folding all over the country.  With the high cost of
expenses and the lack of interest in a lot of the younger generation it has
become a
rich mans sport.  Because of this we have made many changes in our club from
the way it used to be but so has everyone else had to make changes in their
everyday life to support themselves.  Yes, there was a time the shows were huge
but so was TOPLINE and other shows around the country.  Thanks for all the
concern we will CONTINUE to have our SPRING SHOW until we are to old, move, or
die.  THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THINKING ABOUT US WE DIDN'T KNOW EVERYONE STILL
THOUGHT ABOUT US. IT WAS A NICE FUZZY FEELING. TO KNOW YOU STILL CARE.    By
the
way Bart IS NOT A MEMBER of the KGSDC.

SEE YOU IN MARCH

JIM AND SUSAN LAWSON