[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: double handling

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:53:30 EST

My husband gave me a gorgeous diamond on a very substantial choker.   (The
first one slipped off a lovely, non-substantial chain...he was going to make
sure I didn't lose this one!)   He always liked me to wear it.    My doubling
at
AB's consisted of me standing where the dog could see me and reach up and move
the diamond on the choker.   I started this because I was so nervous when
Moxie was in the ring, but found out that SOMEHOW she saw   ??? the glitter???.

One time I was accused of doubling when she was in a group ring, another
judge outside the ring told people, that no, I wasn't doubling, I was just
fiddling with my necklace.   <VBG>
Stormy Hope
Colorado

In a message dated 3/16/05 6:36:34 PM, arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have a wonderful bracelet  made up of various club medals for BOB, and
> other wins. I wore it to every show. When one of my dogs needed a little
> reminder I suddenly had the urge to scratch my head, rub my chin or wave
> hello to a friend........it worked!
> Unfortunately sometimes I was moving my wrist innocently for one reason or
> another, I sometimes got called on the carpet for doubling, when I didn't
> have a dog in the ring.
> Beryl Eshom
> Arelee GSD
> Davis, CA