[ SHOWGSD-L ] doing it my way....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:04:41 -0800 (PST)

I have just finished a search for someone on this list that asked if I could
find a specific breed of dog for a friend of theirs who was searching. I want
to THANK THEM for asking to save the life of an animal who would otherwise end
a torturous death; abandoned and alone. During my search, my eyes were greeted
by the haunting stare of a dam and her five mixed bred babies, huddling
together on a cold shelter floor. The sign above her stated "I've been here too
long and my time is up"...I couldnt help but cry, since time and distance are
against me and there is no way to save her short of a miracle. They will kill
her first, and her babies after. It stresses the mother to hear the squeal of
the pups when they try to find a vein. It is small comfort that this facility
uses sodium pentobarbital, and not some disgusting box. I am ANGRY that these
poor dogs are loosing their life today...that they will never grow to be
someones loved companion..that there are no laws in place to
 protect their rights to safe harbor, food, and medical care. Who is
responsible for these poor souls? Who is going to stand up for the dogs that
are being shot in Oklahoma? When  I was at the Mohegan Sun show on Sunday past,
I asked the AKC rep why they havent shut down the puppy mills, I got a
convoluted answer....nice. They tell me that they can come into MY house and go
thru the kennel and cite me and suspend my rights to show/breed if I am keeping
dogs in unsanitary conditions or if my records are not correct...so why is it
they cannot shut down these mills?? Her response  was "We are working with the
high volume breeders..." and trails off to say..."Ask your delegate", or "You
have to contact our investigative branch"...
Sorry...seeing these little faces just did it for me...also, the two coated
GSD' that are in the Brockton  Mass shelter...they are refusing to release them
to the breeder. I think I found their breeder...they are also refusing to adopt
them out together. Not enough they lost their family, now they are going to
loose each other as well...
They are asking 350$ EACH for these dogs and I was informed that the dumpers
donated a substantial donation to this facility to TAKE the dogs...so why do
they need to charge such an exorbitant fee??? ARGHHHHH! Somethings gotta
give...most likely it will be my sanity...
Dawn Restuccia
Kansas??? Heck no....looks like the Fourth Ring of Dante's Inferno to Me!!!!