[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: deposits

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 07:31:34 EDT

Lol Evan, I'm too anal for  that.  I want everything wrapped up  and tied in
a neat bow.  I make my decisions on what I will hold back  between 5 & 6 weeks
and just need to know that marvelous homes w/ committed  owners are lined up
for the rest <G>.  So when such a home comes  along and I have something
available, I take a deposit.

You know what would scare me to death?  Waiting for the AM when they  turn 8
weeks, having only nice conversations and e-mails exchanged w/ potential
puppy prospects and no one showing up because they found something in the
interim.

That almost happened w/ a litter before I took deposits.  I thought  the
puppies were spoken for and turned  folks away. When it came to 6 weeks  and I
got
on the phone to schedule visits, this one had a friend at work who had  a
litter, that one found something else...panic!  So, now deposits and  enough of
one that it is a commitment.

No one seems to mind either and I think on the buying end, they buyers feel
good knowing they have a puppy coming for sure....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 9/8/2008 7:46:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 9/8/08 4:24:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
I guess  it all depends on how much  of a deposit you take.  A lot of us
take

1/2....

We try hard not to take a deposit. We tell people  that the puppy will  be
available, and when they get here, if it is  still here, it will go home with

them.  I think taking deposits  is just asking for problems.    When we do
take a
deposit, we  don't cash the check, or deposit the cash. We hold  it, and make
sure  we can provide the puppy, and if either of us changes out  minds, the
fund
are returned. It is just the way I work, and I do too much   litigation to
put
myself into a situation where we might end up in   court.