[ SHOWGSD-L ] crazy

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsdlist@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:32:36 -0400

I have decided, no, I am convinced that I am crazy, totally nuts, after 50 +
years  to STILL be involved, at MY age, with DOGS, ANY DOGS, ALL DOGS!!
After a very hectic week of unrelenting problems with live shipments to places
I never knew existed, I finally relaxed ALONE and UNDISTURBED at 9PM last night
in front of the TV.  Was happily watching a history of jazz music on Public
Broadcast and sipping a lovely glass of wine (love Jazz) when I was suddenly
pounced upon by two very happy,  energetic GS dogs.  Of course one with muddy
paws.  They exuded love, excitement and affection so I reciprocated with like
and let them stay in for a while wondering how they got in in the first place.

This morning I went down to the lower level  and without turning on the lights
proceeded to my office.  The screen door to the outside was open and of course
the screen was GONE BABY, GONE. TOTALLY punched in,  Then I noticed all the
waste baskets overturned and the contents strewn about the entire lower level.
Included were wrappers from power bars, which I chew on as I deal with the
airlines.  Entire box GONE, EMPTY!!   Without notice, I step in, -----------
you guessed it.  I proceeded to track the results of consuming all the power
bars throughout the ENTIRE lower level!!!  Of course the floor covering is none
other than carpet!
Next, I found all the TP in the bathroom unrolled, towels pulled down and the
throw rug dragged through water and the you know what.  Now these are NOT
puppies.  Danny Boy, is 6 years old and knows better, he is in obedience
training in pursuit of the dual title.!!  RIDICULOUS!!!   He DOES NOT rate a
qualifying score here!  Do dogs get dementia?  His Ch Daughter is 4 and she
knows better also!!   While I was downstairs cleaning up all this mess, the
rescue cat Ron brought home , had jumped up on the counter and gotten to the
home cooked dog food, turning over a full pan of greasy juice which ran down
the counters and onto the floor.  Danny's Mother, the PRECIOUS (?) house dog
proceeded to lick up all this delicious, unexpected mania while walking through
it and tracking everywhere .  Goodies included chicken, turkey, sweet potatoes,
brown rice etc. prepared for the delinquents outside that I cannot face this
morning or I might do bodily harm.  I sent Ron out to feed and water and I
threw the rescue cat OUT as I know he will be throwing up all he consumed.  He
won't be doing it in THIS house.

Tonight, in hopes of regaining my sanity,  we are going OUT to dinner and the
movies.  There will be LOCKDOWN here like never before. We  plan on going to
Beaumont, I hope I can get away without incident,  if you don't see me there
conclude I have been committed.  I thought after raising 5 children single
handed ,and none are in jail,  I was home free.  Leave it to the dogs.  My
Mother never did understand my attraction to the animals and now I don't
either.
Now if Judy and I can just get Rau flying right with the invoices for the
Futurity at least some things will be looking up.
Nancy