[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: confusion

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 15:20:47 EDT

Well gosh, I live on 120ac working cattle ranch. My dogs are reasonably
well angulated, decent strides, they don't go out with cattle. We work cattle
with a bucket and 4 wheeler. Sometimes "function" doesn't always mean they
still  do their original intent, it may mean the still "could" do the
original intent.  Mine are really good trackers too, they can track a dog
biscuit
as well as any  blood hound-I don't want them in hound group either. I
simply wanted to shed  some light on the fact we have Herding dogs, and not
working dogs. They can do  bite work, tracking, agility, S/R, herding,
obedience,
rally agility   therapy, just anything really but they are a herding dog,
and a fine one at  that.
Didn't mean to stir up stuff
Ann Schilling Gray

In a message dated 5/20/2011 1:09:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Well  sure...but you have that difference in Germany too.  I remember
when
Wynn was importing dogs; they were primarily from their herding  lines.
Lovely & easy to finish here in the AB ring.  You'd  have to ask Jim how
many he
finished for her.  Even then they  had a stockier, "straighter" in  front
and rear dog, less neck (later  the roach, now not as bad) for SCH  work.
The
way it was  explained to me was that there aren't as  many big sheep farms
in
Germany as there once were and between being used  for the wars and  later
sporting events like SCH, the dog  evolved.