[ SHOWGSD-L ] chorionic gonadotropin for conception

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:10:46 -0700 (PDT)

           A friend cannot seem to get her bitch to conceive.  She is way
too            nice to waste, major pointed, great temperament, pigment, etc.
        In the 60s I had a bitch whom I bred several times with no results.
      ( she was a ch. sister to GVX Donna who never had puppies either )
    A vet suggested that we try chorionic gonadotropin, and she had           a
lovely litter.  Did it again-- lovely litter. Sent her to Bernd and
the vet said since she had been so successful, try without the
hormone -  no puppies. Have any of you heard of or had experience
with this ?  How do you feel, Doc Zoe ?  It was such a long time ago,
it's hard to remember the details, but the injection ( just one) was
given very early in her season.
           TIA, Carolyn