[ SHOWGSD-L ] charlotte

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:00:00 -0500

years ago i flew into charlotte twice with an open bitch that terry hower was
showing for me. there is no problem flying in there in fact the airport is not
that huge its more like the one in TUcson which is really nice. in fact Joan
Ford flew in there as I recall arriving at midnight so there must be plenty of
flights. anyway she had tatta with her. (we never had any competition when we
showed did we?). as i recall peggy sinnett (She owner handled her own bitch to
select two at the kentucky national) was there as well. terry took one look at
Tatta arriving and proceded to get plastered.
   Connie was judging that day which was why so many competitive animals showed
up and there was no other show that weekend. just one. On the other trip there
was a three show weekend and Julius Due was judging one day. as well as Lou
Harris who gave us a major three weeks later. I think those shows were all in
the late winter early spring of 74. I had a really nice flight home with
Connie.

   On one of those trips i forget which terry and I rented a car and the cops
were hiding behind billboards looking for money. we got a ticket and terry like
a real gentleman said he would pay for the ticket because for some reason it
was his fault that we got one. i think we were going 42 miles an hour in a
forty mile an hour zone. The police followed us all the way to the motel.i did
not even see a cop when i drove through there this year.