[ SHOWGSD-L ] calender for shows

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:04:22 -0400

I would think it would be advantageous to develop a calendar listing specialty
shows, dates and any judges selected as they relate to our futurities. If
Futurity bids were determined 3 years out it might give specialty clubs, that
would be in conflict on those dates, an opportunity to made financially sound
decisions regarding their own set specialty dates.  Could not those clubs, that
found themselves in direct conflict with Futurities, elect to have only
obedience, rally, & maybe temperament test, agility or other, or could they opt
to change their show date for that one time (don't know exactly the AKC rule on
this at the moment) or not have a show that year, what is the rule on that from
AKC these days?  Specialty Clubs that are faced with vying for entries with a
Futurity being held near them are almost always doomed to failure, at least
from a financial standpoint, & it is my understanding that our Regional clubs,
in many instances, find themselves strapped financially & simply cannot afford
to pay for judges expenses & all that goes with putting on a show if they do
not have entries to off set those expenses.