[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: black to the skin/question

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:00:46 -0800

I have a question. Many of you have stated that your dog's coat is black to
the skin. I have had dogs with rich pigment in the past. Some were very
black and red, and I seem to recall their undercoat was more of a charcoal
gray.
Those dogs went back to Santana's Man 'O War, Mar-Sa's Classic, Yoncalla's
Mike, Obernauf's Derek, etc. What about a dog with an open coat? Would these
dog show black to the skin?
Are their undercoats black and as deep a black as the top coat and guard
hair?
Inquiring minds want to know, since I no longer have a kennel full of dogs
to go look at to answer my own question. And I sure as heck don't remember
coats from the past 40 years. LOL

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA