[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: bite not collars

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vallesaladogsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 18:36:06 -0800

If what you are talking about looks like a long turtle neck, they do work.  We
fashioned one out of one of Jim's soft neck braces, then a softer one up near
the ears.  Moxe had a BIG tear behind her front leg and our juryrig worked
fine.  I used the same ones with a dog with a rear leg problem (didn't expect
it to work there) but they just can't bend their neck far enough to be a
problem. And they can put their head up and down and eat and....    And no
bouncing into doors and corners.  Now, we made our own, but I'm sure the " pro"
ones are even better.
Stormy

On Jan 2, 2009, at 6:22:25 PM, Connie <vallesaladogsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone ever used those Bite not Collars . They are a wide collar that is
supposed to keep them from biting and licking at there wounds . Do they work ?
Join us at www.GSDwest.com Rescue Forum and
networking Rescue's and Rescuers
throughout the west