[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: be careful what you wish for

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:24:38 EST

In a message dated 2/20/2007 8:29:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
So...  Diane... do you breed? Ever sell a litter of puppies?  Guess  what...
if you do you are "operating a business" in a residential zone  according to
that very same civil code.

Diane would have to check her town's regs.  Probably they  differentiate
between commercial and/or "kennel license" and someone who has an  occasional
litter.  I know collecting regs became a real project of mine  when looking to
buy.  I even went so far as to have the township solicitor  write a letter of
understanding because there were areas in the   regs where I wanted to move
that
were IMO "fuzzy" and I wanted things  crystal clear.  Actually had a
contingency in the agreement of sale that  "my team" would approve the township
solicitor's interpretation or the deal was  off....and I have a really good
team,
lol.

Now, if you want to picture a realtor hustling, picture mine hustling to
save the deal! <VBG>

You would think these things would be pretty much standard, but they're  not.
 For instance, my township was incorporated before 1776.  Did you  know at
that time, dogs were not considered "domestic animals"?   True.  Cows, horses,
pigs, etc., but dogs and cats...no.  So wherever  there is a reference to
"domestic animals" in my township regs, they actually  mean what we would
consider
today to be farm animals.

But I have no problem with a "no kennel" clause in a residential  area.  A
person who breeds an occasional litter won't meet the threshold  for needing a
kennel license in most areas, even in PA where the number is  26.  I don't want
to live next to a commercial kennel.  I don't want  to live next to a day
care, a bar, a gas station, convenience mart, an auto body  shop a farm or a
rest
aurant either.  I'm picky and as long as I'm  paying the taxes, I have a right
to be and SO DO MY NEIGHBORS!  And what's  most important, since we all
choose to live here, we need to respect the regs  and not look to make an
exception.

Oh I know, someone will justify keeping a dozen dogs in a house on  a 1/4 of
an acre lot in the city.  Boy, I don't want to live next to  them and if I'm
putting my hard earned dollars into MY property, I don't want to  see the value
of my property diminished by what's next door.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_
<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.