[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: an observation

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 07:54:38 -0400

I agree, Kathy.  I think the over-vaccination protocol and
overworming, de-fleaing POISONS that are given to our dogs lower their
immune systems.  With lowered immune systems, our babies are
susceptible to all kinds of things.
I also agree that size doesn't have much to do with longevity--
genetics plays a big part.  Ketchy (Caralon's Ketchikan of Huslyn, CD,
OFA) lived to be 14+ and she was a BIG girl!
Penny
I do believe however that over vaccination, and the rampant use of
things
like antibiotics, and flea/tick pills may be doing more harm than we
realize.   Genetics plays an obvious and huge role....(which is why we
try
to very carefully incorporate import lines)

So size doesn't necessarily have much to do with it...vitality, vigor,
health...comes in all sizes.

Kathy