[ SHOWGSD-L ] accessibility as well as the rest

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:49:11 EST

In a message dated 2/10/2005 8:01:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hadori22@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We are  the ones who make up a
National and our entries pay the bills. I think the  name of the game is
LOCATION. If a National is not in a centralized area it  means much lower
entries. The more entries the more competition the better  the
attendance.

I wish it were that simple.  There are many issues that have to do  with a
national.  One of the main ones is indeed making it available to as  many who
will enter as possible. But, it also has to make a profit, it has to  allow all
the members at some point to be able to drive to it, and it has work  for all
elements of the club.

Now, the profit thing is more than just a small issue.  The National  is the
single largest income producing arm of our club.  If we can get a  place for
less money in Utah, and with a small entry we make more profits, then  it is a
good idea.  The point is that by doing that, the people in that  area get a
national.

Our board has to balance all of this stuff, and that is why they get the  big
bucks.  Their retirement plan is great, as is the pension set up for  all
board members.  Best of all is the constant credit they all get for the  great
job they do.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together