[ SHOWGSD-L ] a Tough Sell

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 23:36:16 EDT

Hi, I found myself on a list (local AB) on which several members are
supporting the PAWS Bill.   It has been most interesting and challenging (AND
FRUSTRATING) to remain civil and polite while reading and answering the various
posts.
 For example...after sending the total list of clubs/organizations,etc., it
was pointed out that while 55% of the Registrations of dogs were represented in
the list of National clubs, it was only 14% of member clubs.   And it was
probably the boards of those clubs, who no doubt were all long time breeders
(duh?) that proffered the opposition.   I, of course, brought up our club which
our members were CLAMORING for the board to vote in an opposition paper!
I am trying to not do too many quotes, but reasoned arguments.   This has
been very enlightening and much harder than to preach to our choir here.   :-)

But still, write those letters, send those emails, we can talk the game, but
need to play to make the points.

(Gee, did I say that?)

Stormy

www.FairhopeGSD.com