[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a Moo too many

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:04:06 -0400

Diane,
Ok, I can understand the 9-1-1 calls about the peacocks.? I have responded to
many of them out here.? During mating season, the peacock's calls sound like a
woman screaming for help!? Unless you know what it is, it can be quite
distressing.? Where I worked, we also have washes, concrete water disposals to
prevent flooding.? These washes distort the sound which can carry a long way.?
I can't tell you how many "screaming woman" calls we would get.? I didn't know,
until I moved to this area, that the screaming woman was a peacock.? And
now,?my neighbor and I are the happy adoptive parents of a very lonely peahen.?
She shares our properties,?tries to find a male, lays eggs that don't hatch?and
never leaves.? We are used to her now but I can sure remember waking up in the
middle of the night, hearing that scream and wondering.??

Laura Thomas?