[ SHOWGSD-L ] You can decide, and be heard

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:09:23 -0700

I've taken a coupla posts and listed them to express their feelings...let me
say right off...I agree with them...to a point.

"WE BELIEVE THE  JUDGE  ELECTED TO JUDGE SPECIALS AT THE NATIONAL SHOULD BE
THE ONLY PERSON  TO DETERMINE HOW MANY SELECTS SHOULD BE AWARDED AT THAT
SHOW".

 Letting a STRONG  judge say the
number of selects is how it should be.

Paul adds...

I agree...the elected Judge should pick the number of Selects...his/hers
decision...no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's their choice...their
decision...it's their final...final word on the subject.

OK...but. And of course you knew there had to be a but. What does the
defintion of "Select" mean to you? Do you want it to remain or resemble the
current definition as it is in the P & P Manual? You can say yes or no and
still be right...we can all agree to agree or disagree. It does make for
stimulating conversation tho...

I was at a show today where this subject was not undiscussed. I heard
opinions on both sides of the discussion but I didn't change my mind.

Doesn't mean I couldn't...but it does mean I still believe the definition in
the P & P Manual that describes the term "Select" to be that of an animal
equal to the quality of the GV/GVX on another day. I am an Idealist when it
comes to such definitions because it sets such animals apart from those that
are not. Can you all honestly tell me the 12th or 15th Select fits that
criteria?

I don't know what you want to do to deal with this situation. From many of
you posts I believe it's nothing at all. I still think there is a solution
that would give eveyone a sense of satisfaction. We have a GV/GVX...some
Selects that were truly in competition for that award of GV/GVX...and other
animals that are of very, very high quality, recognized for that fact, and
should be considered or used for your breeding programs.

I will leave it at that and let it be my last post on the subject. That
said...nothing will ever change unless it's addressed. Not addressing the
situation is a sure bet nothing will change...when it probably should.

Paul