[ SHOWGSD-L ] Women and Heart Attacks

  • From: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:56:54 -0400

Women present differently then men.? More women die from heart attacks
then men probably because of that, or they're like me and live with some
pain for a few weeks thinking they should call the doctor.? When it hit,
it hit hard and it was painful.? It was in the heart only...not arm, not jaw,
not anywhere else.? I kind of knew what was happening and attempted
to drive to the hospital like our brave David Fritche.? After four blocks,
I returned and called 911 (didn't want to pass out and kill?someone else)
When the fire dept came they loaded me in their emergency van,
strapped me in and began questioning me.? I told them about the few
weeks prior but that this was the big "Kahoona."? They decided that I
was probably NOT having a heart attack, called,?and transferred me to another
ambulence that drove the 25 miles, no siren and no rush.? Today I
went and brought my fireman cookies and donuts etc., and thanked
them for their help.? I also informed them that it was a heart attack
and they asked when did it happen?? I told them, "when I called you."
Evidently the blood tests tell when it happened and the doctor told
me it WAS at the time I called....so ladies, if they seem unsure and
you don't....tell my story.? The good news is I got to see LOTS of
gorgeous men!
Helen Franklin