[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Woman fighting Cancer, loosing home...Dogs need help!!!!

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: windwych@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:55:23 -0400

Dawn,
Where is she located?

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 6:35 am
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Woman fighting Cancer, loosing home...Dogs need help!!!!

Rather than rewrite this, thought it would make more sense to just post the
origional email....This is SUCH a sad situation....Anyone who can help would be
doing a service not only to the dogs, but helping another human being in crisis.
Thank you!!!

Subject: Please help me
From: alicia.perridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:    Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:11:03 -0400

I have two    beautiful purebred German Shepherds.  Non aggressive,
unbelievable
temperaments.  Here is my story.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer    in
March
2006.  Since then I have been through 5 months of Chemo and 4    surgeries, the
last one this past July 26,2007.  During this time they    were not worked and
it became hard for me to walk them.  After a    refresher course it became a
bit
better.  Well due to the cancer and loss    of work/ income we are losing our
home.  I have no other option than to    try and place them.  I have cried many
tears!!!!!, but now I have    accepted it.  I have tried GSR groups in 4 states
and numerous    organizations local to no avail.

Annie         DOB 9/10/1999           8 years spayed and up to date on shots.
On heartworm    prevention.  74 lbs.  She is amazingly gentle and so very
loving.     Loves to lay at your feet  Great with other dogs and cats.

Bonzo        DOB 11/04/2002    5 years, neutered, and up to date on shots.  On
heartworm prevention. 80    lbs  He is still like a pup.  I call him the class
clown.  I    truly think he is ADHD.  He is OK with other dogs and cats as long
as    they are introduced correctly.

I have    doghouses, several collars, and leashes.  I will donate as much as I
can.     I do not want it to come to us being out of the house and as a last
resort they end up at a shelter.  I could not live with myself.

Thank you for you time

Alicia A Perridge
WACHOVIA    BANK N.A.
Checkcard Disputes