[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wikipedia -German Shepherd

  • From: <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:49:06 -0700

I would be glad to post these images to the common area at Wikipedia if you
have some, just email them to me. I would like to have multiple images
available that way I can give everyone a few choices and that will allow
everyone in wikipedialand to agree on a new image. I have softened them up and
they are currently receptive to the idea of changing the current image.

Remember, the image cannot be a show picture or an image of a dog that is a
champion. Additionally the image submitted cannot have a copyright or license
tag.

Anyone have some images of their dogs taht they wanna share?

-Rick Haase

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:13:27 -0700
From:  <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Wikipedia -German Shepherd

I forgot who originally posted the question about the image of the German
Shepherd on wikipedia but I can tell you it's been fun trying to figure out
what all it takes to get that image changed.

I need your help. I think we can correct the wikipedia infobox image for the
German Shepherd. Its been a very slow learning how and what to do but heres
where I need your help!

1. First youll need to create a wikipedia account. http://en.wikipedia.org
Youll need this in order to comment in the discussions.

This is the key!

Ive started this morning by stating the need for an image that is a good
representative of the breed. We need comments stating this to  be correct in
order for the change to happen. Remember to sign your posts by typing four
tildes (~~~~) or use the signature button (Looks like a scribbled signature).

To get to the discussion do the following Use the search field on the left side
of the main page and search for German Shepherd. At the top of the page there
are 6 tabs. Select the Discussion tab and go down to the bottom of the page and
look for the infobox heading and click on the [edit] link next to it. This is
how you comment of the lead image that is currently on the page.

2. Now go to the Wikimedia Commons http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
area and create an account. Then add your image(s) (on the left of this page is
a Upload file link). The current discussions imply that it is important that
the image submitted not be a show picture and additionally that it an image of
a dog that is not a champion. Additionally the image submitted cannot have a
copyright or license tag. They are looking for high quality digital images.

3. Lets get together on this and correct this page!