[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why are you a member?

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 10:44:09 -0800 (PST)

I too am a member because this is the breed I love.  I was not aware how other
PC clubs take new memberships.  Mike, that was a real eye opener!!!  I tried to
talk to the secretary of the National Pharaoh club, and was told that if I did
not buy from her, she had no advice to give.

  I am welcomed here, I care about the future of this breed, whether or not I
ever show or breed again, I care.  My membership tells anyone else who enlists
me to help train their dog, of any breed(s) that I care about dogs.

  Yes, I did think about not renewing.  I could use to save money all over the
place, down to the pennies with 2 kids about to go to college, private college
too it seems.  But this membership means that I can help my regional clubs, I
can support this breed by administering the dog shows, so my fellow club
members can enter and show.  It gives me something to value.

  However, I doubt I will be at a national anytime soon, they are just too far
for me to travel just to watch.  Kids going to college and all.
  sheila