[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why I did not renew!

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: lyloak@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:51:44 -0500 (EST)

Save $66.00 and use it for a better cause. Donate that $66.00 to a GSD
rescue organization or to Canine Companion for Independence.Tell them the
donation is to go to train a GSD for someone to be able to live alone and have
the dog be their helper.

Lee Brown
Too far from the womb and too close to the tomb to  care about what anyone
thinks of me.

In a message dated 2/2/2011 2:45:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lyloak@xxxxxxxxx writes:

So what  did you hope to accomplish or change in not renewing?
Jason
www.lyloak.com

------------------------------

Msg:  #3 in digest
From: Sherry Nolan  <willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Why I did not renew!
Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2011 20:12:20 +0000

I was member of the GSDCA  for  almost 20 years and thie year I decided not
renew my membership.I  thought this over along time and found no reason
renew....but the reasons  to NOT renew were clear....1st...as a member of a
Regional Club that is  going under and wonder why the parent club has no
resources for small..yet  impotant.. Regional clubs..we struggle each year
and I
have spoken with  Board member to no avail..2nd..As I no longer breed I
have no
need for  maturity /futurity shows...3rd..I have NEVER been asked to do
anything
for  the parent club (except a short lived stint on a bogus committee)..I
have
offered time and money and NEVER even been approached to do anything.and i
HAVE
OFFERED EVERY YEAR . I had been a good member..donating National and
Regional
trophies ...entered many animals at both  National and  Regional
level.helping
rescue GSDS when ever I could..I  never bred  dogs for profit..just for me
and I
have a good reputation with  handlers...and I have used the be
st George, Scott Kent  etc....and in  closing I am glad I did not renew
hearing
all the "stuff" going on  now..our Regional Club can go broke and go under
but
lets make  sure we have big fancy shows for the World...well I will still
help
with  my local club and still have German Shepherds and still enter when I
can...just because I am not a member does not mean I do not care
Sherry  Nolan
Willowlake  (and proud GSD owner)

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.