[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why Hubs?

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:11:31 -0400

<<  What is so essential about having a hub to fly into? >>

I tried to fly a dog to St. Louis from Raleigh-Durham International(a
rather large airport) and could not find a single carrier who could
fly a #500 crate into St. Louis.

Due to extenuating circumstances, I am not able to drive long
distances.  I'm sure there are others like me out there -- people who
would like to exhibit a dog at the National, but can't get the dog to
the site because of the lack of a major hub nearby.

With the cost of gas/diesel being what it is, I'd bet in some cases
it's cheaper to fly than to drive.  I don't care where the National
is held just so long I can fly in a dog.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Allemande German Shepherd Dogs
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam