[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why Get Involved?

  • From: Michelle Crawford <workingdawgs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:20:46 -0800 (PST)

I have a suggestion!  What if we do what Weight Watchers did, and enlist Royal
help with campaigning?!!!
RivendellP <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:"Listers"...
Within the last 36 hours these subject lines have been posted to "Da List"...

1. Illinois Residents Beware
2. canada.com story
3. New CA AR Group
4. Tennessee's Turn
5. IL Dog Breeders Assn
6. BSL in St. Charles MO.

Those are but a few that are posted on other lists dealing with this situation.
As Janet posts...IL is not through yet, with many more intrusive bills directed
at responsible IL dog and pet owners. Canada's BSL on Pitbulls is the tip of
the iceberg when it comes what the ARO's have planned for that Govt. The worst
part is there are far too many Legislators in the Canadian Parliament, Mayors
of Cities, and many people of influence that are very Pro AR.

The new CA group that has formed is an abomination. They are some of the most
radical and influential groups on the planet. Their statement that they will
introduce "at least" one piece of legislation to the CA Legislature per year is
chilling. CA is also a State where many of the Legislators and people of
influence are very pro AR. It's also quite telling when you see towns like
Leavenworth, KS and St. Charles MO considering BSL on Pitbulls and Rottweilers.
How long will it be until the GSD is included? Actually...they were in the
Leavenworth proposal and also in the Illinois SB 1709.

As I posted yesterday...HSUS and their Prez Wayne Pacelle are going to dedicate
giant sums of their 7 figure budget to launch Bill after Bill to promote their
agenda.

Fighting them is a daunting task but it must be done if we are to continue
enjoying our dogs. We need to rise to their level in every sense of the word.
We need to unite the groups like NAIA, State and Regional Federations, and any
entity that will suffer as the AR Agenda (ARA) becomes fact rather than
fiction. We need to organize those who fight the good fight
separately...solicit donations and apply for grants to fund our efforts, and
then create a Legislative alternative to the ARA.

I would love to see the PClub take the lead in such an effort. I want to see
them unite other PClubs who can work in concert to kick some ARO butt. I want
those PClubs to support other efforts like I mention above that will bring some
"Results"...

We need to become ONE...

Paul

Visit Rivendell on 'da web' at www.rivendellgsd.com
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

I like cats too...... let's exchange recipes!!!    Please don't take offense at
a joke!!!

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!