[ SHOWGSD-L ] Who'd You meet?

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:16:36 EDT

Back in about 1993 or 94, we were flying back to San Antonio from showing  in
Omaha, and we were traveling with Sel Ch. Spellbinder, and one of his
daughters.  That day they had gone BOB and WB together.
Our plane was delayed getting into Houston, because of bad thunderstorms,
and when we landed, we were told we had to RUN to the San Antonio gate, as the
plane was leaving.  Needless to say, the door was slammed in our  faces.  We
had to wait 2 hours for the last flight - We were told out dogs  were resting
safely in a secure building, out of the thunderstorm.  When  they finally
called us to our flight, naturally we checked on our dogs before  boarding.  NO
ONE
COULD LOCATE THEM.!  We waited to board as the plane  filled up.
Everyone seemed to be on board.  Only BOb and I were waiting at the  door,
discussing the situation with attendants.  Suddenly 2 last passengers  walked
up,.  since we were obviously distressed - they asked what was wrong  - Lo!  It
was David Robinson and Sean Elliott of the San Antonio  Spurs.  When we told
them that the airline had misplaced our show German  Shepherds, they leaned
against the wall next to us and told the attendants  that the flight was not
leaving under our dogs were found.  Everyone  jumped then. They head the
flight.
Finally someone had the bring idea to  call San Antonio and check to see if
the dogs had made the original connecting  flight and were waiting in San
Antonio for us.  Only then did David and  Sean board the plane, and when we
followed, all the passengers cheered and  clapped.  I am not sure if the
passengers
were glad we had found out dogs  or it they were just ecstatic that the door
was
finally closing so that they  could all get home. Totally they held that
flight 30 minutes trying to find our  dogs.  We were so grateful to Sean and
David
for their help!
And that basically is why we eventually quit flying and bought an R.  V.
Carol Moore