[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who else is it about?

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 01:01:45 EDT

The parent club numbers are growing at a small pace, but only because of the
hard work given by Gail, Dania, and the membership committee.  Should they
have to call non-renewing members every year, or should we work on ways to make
people eager to join or renew?  Even with the small increase, entries at
specialty shows are still heading downward.  Entries at dog shows are dropping
in
general.  Breed popularity is still high at third on the list, but I see that
as
a reason we should have more members, not as a bragging point.  In years
past, the breed was second on that same list.
Let me get this absolutely clear.  You honestly believe that less
participation in the breed has created higher quality dogs?  Please ... Explain
how that
happens.

Tom Langlitz

In a message dated 6/15/2005 10:14:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
I have always tried to make it clear. It is all about me!  Also, I try  as
hard as I can not to worry. But, that is just me.

The Parent club membership is not getting smaller, it is now growing.

It might be good for our breed were it not the third most popular. Maybe
when it gets smaller, the quality will improve. Certainly the top dogs today
are
better in many ways than they were twenty years ago. Along with the rise in
quality, is a reduction in numbers.

Why is it so hard to understand the connection?

Not that there is anything wrong with that?