[ SHOWGSD-L ] Which was Specialty judge

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:31:11 EST

found the following list of judges for some old Nationals.  It doesn't
indicate who judged what.  I figured some of you history knowledable  would
know.

1948 in Westfield NJ
Mrs. Mararet Horn  (Dogs)  Specialty judge--well known breeder
Mr. Reginald  Cleveland Specialty judge-judged our National more than once I
think

1949  in Westfield NJ
Mrs. Madeline Baiter- long time breeder and specialty  judge

Miss Adele Colgate --Very well known--judged many Specialties  shows plus
National. Extremely tall,wore flat men's shoes and man's straw hat  when she
judged, Scared the hell out me when I exhibited under  her

1958 in Milwaukee WI
Mr. Curt Allstadt--Bought over from  Germany for the first outdoor combined
obed and conf National on GSDC of  Wisconsin own show grounds Did Specials
Dr. William Redlich-- longtime  breeder from Chicago--a dentist--a tooth
freak judge,did many Specialties-- did  dogs at that show
Ms. V. McCoy --certainly we all know Gin McCoy of Longworth  Kennels
fame--also started the first Parade of Greats at our National--did  bitches at
that
show.
Some of the other names are vaguely familiar. The Northeast very often had
judges come from Germany for their  Specialties