[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: When Dog Breeders Do Not Have to Register as a Kennel in NJ

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 20:14:51 -0400 (EDT)

I still don't see how this is a win. Quoting from the article:

"Importantly,  the Court also stated that breeding dogs for the following
purposes would not constitute breeding dogs for  sale:
    *   Breeding  for show;
    *   Breeding  to keep as pets; or
    *   Breeding  to give away without charge."

And it is further complicated because in certain  locations
(towns/townships/municipalities), not only can't you have an  in-home business,
but in some
bylaws, specifically you can't have a kennel.  (Not here, but daddy owns a
title insurance company so thank God I grew up with  a broad knowledge base
about this sort of thing and put it to use before  buying.)

So, I may  breed a litter when I want to hold something back for myself.
But...pray  tell, what am I supposed to do with the other 8 puppies?
Obviously I am  not going to keep all of them.... I'm not in NJ, but... I can't
wrap my  head around this one....and I sure wouldn't call it a win except for
the  inspections going away.

What a mess....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 7/3/2014 4:04:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stormy435@xxxxxxxxx writes:

For  those following the NJ Kennel License Court Case:

When Dog Breeders Do Not Have to Register as a Kennel in  NJ

By Nancy E. Halpern, DVM, Esq. on July 2, 2014 Posted in Municipal
ordinance
Based on a recent decision by the Appellate Division of the  Superior Court
of New Jersey in State v. Danielle Weitz, dog breeders should  consider
whether they need a kennel license, based on their local ordinances.  If your
municipality incorporates the State’s definition of “kennel” in its
ordinances, you may want to either obtain a kennel license or restrict
breeding to
those purposes the Court described (below) that would not  constitute
breeding dogs for sale. See State v. Danielle Weitz, Docket No.  A-3722-12T4
(N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. June 25, 2014).

to to URL for  the full  article:

http://animallaw.foxrothschild.com/2014/07/02/when-dog-breeders-do-not-have-
to-register-as-a-kennel-in-nj/?utm_source=Fox+Rothschild+-+Animal+Law+Update
&utm_campaignÑcff475ce-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f271
f53d1f-d1cff475ce-70270121

Stormy  V.  Hope

 is Copyrighted 2014.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html

http://showgsd.org/mail.html