[ SHOWGSD-L ] What will they think of next? I think I know!

  • From: elg440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 01:25:32 EST

In a message dated 12/22/2009 6:56:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
my mom  read am article about a book called "Time to Eat the Dog: The Real
Guide to  Sustainable Living" apparently, our dogs are worse for the
environment than an  SUV...found an article online about it for you all to
read.
any thoughts? Has  anyone read this book? Now that you know it exists will
you?

I read it, and liked The Dome better.

It is sort of tongue in cheek.  We as humans eat meat and it costs a  lot
of the enviornment to raise the cattle, and also we wear clothes that are
cut and sewn, using energy. The point of the book was to show how animals
cause  pollution if you add in food they eat over a lifetime, etc.  It is true,

but not of much value to consider it.

Animals survive off the earth. That is the purpose of life.  I don't  mind
if my dog over 13 years uses more energy to survive than an SUV.  Add  in
the cost of energy to produce the SUV, and the dog wins.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/