[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What is the reason?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:05:29 EDT

Ileana writes:
Lots of  people run to breed to the top dogs every year, the GV,  the
Selects.

Evan writes:
Statement like that are so easy to make, and so  untrue.

The two number one producing dogs I know of personally are  Ben and
Mephisto.
Neither were Select.  We have been talking  lately about Tacoma,  and after
he
went GV, how many breeding do you  think he got?

Unless you are trying to embarass someone with a public  display of the
temperament test, the limitation of being a champion  should be enough.

Ileana writes:

No Evan, that top statement is not untrue.  Ok, Ben and Mephisto and  Tacoma
are good examples to your argument..............but what about   Lance, Boss,
Bull, Banker, Uzi, Max, Scoop, you are telling me nobody went out  to breed to
them?   Of course they did,and rightfully so.    That Ben and Mephisto were
bred to was just smart.  That there were not  many breeding's to Tacoma is a
fact, an unfortunate one.

No one is trying to embarrass anyone with public displays.   Actually, the
suggestions of doing the national testing away from the breed ring  will avoid
that.  Besides, what is there to be embarrassed about?   That your dog failed a
test on that day?  That is also unfortunate, but any  breeder/owner/handler
should know better than to bring a dog to the ring whose  temperament is less
than standard quality.

I have yet to see a good argument against this idea, besides time
constraints. All the complaints I hear have to do with resistance to  changes
and
personal preferences. Lets expand our comfort zone and  look at this idea with
all
the positive benefits in mind.

Ileana