[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What does the works mean?

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:08:24 EDT

Hi Evan,

It was in the BOG that Tish Walker (I have been the one primarily working
on things until now) and Tom Mesdag are co-chairing the 2013 trial.  Dean
Wylie will be an assistant to the Chairs.  We have been working on  locating
a site since the National last year and are in the process of securing  the
site in Philadelphia.  We are just beginning to establish our  committees
and determine what will be needed.  We will be working on  sponsorships but
have not started that yet.  There is a lot of preparatory  work to do.  For
the World Union Trial we will be working closely with WDA  members.

Nobody is hiding anything from the membership.  We are just beginning  all
the work.  Believe me, between the Trial and the Centennial, there will  be
plenty of work to go around!

Tish

In a message dated 8/23/2010 1:42:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

Major  Sponsor ships are in the   works.

It would be a big help if the club members were let  known as to what is
going on. I read a post from Carol, it didn't  seem to come from the List,
maybe  it was on the GSDCA site.  If  sponsors are lined up, who are they,
what
commitments are being  made. How much is the GSDCA going to have to front.
Who is  in  charge, and who is involved.

This is the club owned by the members.  While I have full trust in our
board, I do think doing this in some  sort of limited committee is not a
good
idea. I have no desire to be  involved, but I do respect the right of the
membership to know what  is going on.

I thought the post by Carol was a good start, but who  knows the details,
and how do we "little people" find out about  them?

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come together

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

NATIONAL  BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/