[ SHOWGSD-L ] What are we doing?????

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:22:47 -0500

Ok everyone needs to stop, take a deep breath and settle down.  Yesterday I
went into surgery and had my gall bladder removed.  Today I get home expecting
to find the lists both promoting the breed we all love, sharing
accomplishments, and giving advice.what do I sign in and find?  I see these
peole who love the breed tearing the club apart!!  I have over 300 emails here
of which 95% are an argument about whether the working people have a voice in
the PC, and God knows what all!
Come on people!  Neither side of this issue loves their dogs any less.  When
did we go from loving this breed, and all it gives us, to loving the breed only
if it is a conformation dog, or a working dog?  Just because my cup of tea is
not Schh, or obedience, or agility, or any of the other wonderful things this
breed excells in doesnt make my contribution any more or less then those whos
cup of tea differs from mine.

Can you people who are now fighting each other tooth and nail not see what you
are doing in a bigger picture?  Why is it that these people who are as fiercly
loyal to the breed, whether it be a working dog, a conformation dog, an
American dog or a German dog, not understand that the loyalty is to the
Breed... not to what the breed can or can not do!  We ALL have something very
important in common... WE LOVE THE GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!!  However these emails
that border on downright hate do nothing but tear apart those that should have
so much in common.  This fighting does nothing but hurt the PC and any other
club that support the breed.

My dog is not better then someone elses dog because it wins ribbons, or herds
or does protection work, or therepy.... No ones dog is better then anyone elses
dog at being what that person wants their dog to be.  it matters not what your
dog or my dog can do... all that matters is that you love your dog, I love
mine, and I also love your dog because he or she is a member of the breed I
love... because your dog is a German shepherd.  Can you not love my dog because
she is also a German Shepherd?

Ok maybe I am not making any sense, I mean I am on some pretty high dose pain
meds, but the fact that I am sitting here watching many of you tear at each
other because you believe differently is just as painful as the proceedure I
just went through.  We all need to remember, its not necessarily for what our
dogs are trained to do that we love them, it is the fact that we love them
because of what they are.

Ok going back to bed now.
Cindy Gialluca