[ SHOWGSD-L ] What a great Saturday!

  • From: Judy Bryan <riatagsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 12:01:12 -0700 (PDT)

The German Shepherd Dog Club of Houston held their annual picnic and puppy
match at our home in Willis, Texas.  We had such a great time and those of you
club members that did not come, you missed out on great food, great
conversations about dogs and a great match judged by the one and only alpha
bitch of Texas, Mo Murkland. Pat drove Mo down here for her judging assignment
and as every one knows, no good deal goes unpunished! When they got ready to
head back to the big D, we discovered they had a really, really flat tire.  My
husband Ken changed the tire and off they went to Sam's Club where Pat got 4
new tires.  She said Mo just loved Sam's Club.  Unfortunely Peggy Douglas did
not feel up to coming, but we put together some food and Lynn and Vicki went by
her house on their way home to give it to her.  Lynn called me later and said
Peggy wanted to know everything that went on at the picnic and really missed
not being able to come.  Pat, bless
 her heart said she was going to print off copies of the photos she took of
everything that went on and send them to Peggy.  We really had some beautiful
dogs that came to show in the match.  It really should have been called the Old
Folks match because we only had two younger ladies (future club members) that
helped show some of the dogs, everybody else was OLD! vbg  Don and Elizabeth
Knight had a beautiful puppy bitch that went Best Puppy in Match and in spite
of my husbands lack of handling skills, Angelus (Asking for Trouble v Riata)
was Best Opposite Sex in Match.  Best in Match went to a beautiful moving bi
color bitch.  I cannot remember her name off hand but Vicki and Lynn can tell
you. After the match it was time for the food, we had potato salad, pasta
salad, fruit salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, pork ribs and brisket.  Of
course there were also great desserts including a to die for 4 cheese cake with
pecan crust made with
 splenda.  Everybody loved our place and we said we would host the picnic again
next year.  We have so many shade trees for the dogs to be under and we had a
specialty size ring set up for the match.  I guess we could even hold a
specialty show here. LOL  Thank you Mo for coming and thanks Pat for bringing
her and taking pictures.  Good Dogs, Good Food and Good People, what a great
Saturday!
Judy
Riata German Shepherds