[ SHOWGSD-L ] What A Two Week Whirl!

  • From: WALFLWR2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:54:26 EST

This has been an amazing two weeks.  After the board meeting,  Dania & I
headed to San Diego where we swam with dolphins and whales!   It was one of
the best things I have ever done in my life......it was even worth  stuffing
myself into a wetsuit and parading from the dressing room, through the  park,
to the dolphin pool.  Give me half a chance and I'll bore you with 2  or
300 pictures.

Then Dania & I headed to our respective homes, where we  sadly put away all
the light weight California clothing and exchanged it for  parkas &
mukluks.  Dania drove though the snow, from Virginia to my  house on Tuesday
where
we loaded up my van and took off to ice bound  Indianapolis for four all
breed shows.  Our Kestrel had 9 points and both  majors, but we were thinking
maybe to pick up a few more singles towards  her championship.

On Thursday, Kestrel was WB & BOW for one point.  On  Friday, Kestrel was
WB & BOW for one point.  Then the going got a WHOLE  lot tougher.  We were
looking at majors on Saturday and Sunday with Jeff,  Tiffany, JoAnn, Kent, and
Joe LaRosa there.  Did this deter Kestrel?   Not one whit!  On Saturday she
was WB for the major and on Sunday she was  WB and BOW for another major.
That was 8 points in four days and she  finished with four majors.

Dania and I want to thank Jimmy, Lenny and Kent, all of whom helped  along
the way.  We also want to thank the ringside this weekend that  discovered
Kestrel and took her to their hearts.  When we get the photos,  we will be
putting an ad in the Review and will list and thank all the judges at  that
point.

Oh, and by the way, did I tell you my best friend and I got to  spend each
afternoon doing "girly" things like facials & makeup sessions at
Nordstrom's?  Even with the temperature hitting -2* we had a warm &  wonderful
time!

Lana & Dania, dancing the happy dance with bells and  whistles!!!!