[ SHOWGSD-L ] Weeping Willow "Seniors"

  • From: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:04:17 EST

"Just want to have fun" - LOL - We have been going through the toy boxes to
 get ready for spring and summer fun here at the Sanctuary and we have some
 oldsters that only want to play with hard toys; in particular "jolly
balls" --  any size, small-medium-large.  They also like the rubber toys with
"nubbies" on them that squeak.  Drives us nuts sometimes at night (because
they all sleep indoors with their special toys).

We really need to use our funds for food and other medical and comfort
necessities for them but they enjoy these simple pleasures also.  If anyone
would like to donate or send them some new hard toys they would be most
appreciative.  This winter has taken a toll on the toys - LOL

We will also be looking everywhere for flea and tick meds and heartworm
preventative meds.  Since we have the pond so close to the kennel area, we
have mosquitoes; towards the end of last summer we had a great "mosquito
zapper"  donated to us (thank you Joan Fox) for the kennel area....but we want
be  safe; not sorry!!  We use Frontline and/or K9 Advantix for fleas and
Interceptor for HW prevention.  Any help is appreciated...maybe when you
purchase one of these for your dogs you could purchase another box for the
oldsters at WW....just a thought but so very necessary for the Sanctuary.

As always, the Purina weight circles are a huge help and the Parent Club
gets some money too.  Thank you from the bottom of the hearts of these GSDs
:-)

The Team at Weeping Willow

Pat  Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
_www.saravagsd.com_ (http://www.saravagsd.com/)
Weeping Willow 2nd  Chance German Shepherd Sanctuary
_http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/_
(http://weepingwillowgsdsanctuary.com/)