[ SHOWGSD-L ] Weekend Tales from the Other Side

  • From: TerraNorte@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:50:06 EDT

No not from the dark side, but the other side - the performance arena. This
weekend from the herding arena doing what our dogs were bred to do (along with
 guarding sleeping children and other Nobel feats). On Saturday, Caleb
(Briarpatch-TerraNorte's Illusion, CD, HT) and I went to the Continental Divide

Herding Association's fall trial held at Cathy Ballui's herding facility (the
same place where the GSDCA National trials will be held), and ran a flawless PT
 run to give us our 2nd leg to qualify for our Pre-Trial title under Judge
Anne  Guthrie.

Yesterday - we moved up to the big leagues, running in the started class on
the A-course. That big field is so daunting!  The big black & tan dog  said
bring it on.....  We preceded through the course with a few small  hiccups, but
managed to make it all the way around, got the sheep into the pen  and the
gate closed.  As they were handing out the ribbons - surprise,  surprise, we
are
the second place dog with our first qualifying leg in  Started.  And the crowd
roared........

Caleb is shared by myself and Charlie Taylor, his parents are CH Hickory
Hill's Excalibur, PT (linebred on Bear) X TerraNorte - Kaimacha Garnet (CH
Kaimacha Keystone Caios x CH Windwalker-Kaimacha Bo Peep, HT).

Gotta love this herding along the Front Range of the Rockies in the Fall.
The skies were brilliant blue, the leaves are starting to turn yellow and gold,

and the mountains had a their signature white caps on.

~ Val Manning
   Rancho Terra Norte'
   Wellington, CO