[ SHOWGSD-L ] We are only volunteers...

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:05:31 -0400

Amy learned this mid-day on the day entries closed at 4pm. How in the world can
we expect that a volunteer who has life outside of the GSDCA to dot all the I's
and cross all the T's and notify the membership of the changes and
substitutions in a 4 hour period?  That is not a reasonable expectation folks.
Yes, the timing is tough but we all know that we may not draw the 1st place
judge when we enter a futurity.  Yes, AKC would require that the club refund
you your money BUT you must be entered in a futurity in order to be eligible to
show in a maturity and most folks aren't going to want to forfeit their
opportunity to show next year and this year.  There have been a number of
futurities where the judge change was made after entries closed and I've never
heard this kind of fuss.  I think this one is one we all need to get over.
Life is too short to agonize over something like this.

Thanks for all you fo for the GSDCA, Amy.

Laurie Pruett