[ SHOWGSD-L ] Way to Go Elizabeth

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:57:34 EST

Thank you for taking the time to write a few lines to let us adults read
about the error of our ways as told to us by AKC.  I agree with you, even if
there
is only one Junior Handler entered at a show it is still up to the Judge to
award Best Junior.  If the handler entered is really not that good, seems to me
that AKC could have suggested the Judge withold the Best Jr Award much like
witholding Winners if the dog does not merit that award.

Your point is well taken that if there is only one of a Breed entered, they
usually are awarded Best of Breed and go on to compete in the Group and for
Best In Show.  Why should a Junior not be given that same opportunity?  It is
not
the Juniors fault that no one else entered the show.

So, here is my suggestion.  You wrote a great email, write that same one to
AKC and send it to Carmen.  Ask AKC to answer your question and then let us all
know what they said.

Thanks for caring,

Lew