[ SHOWGSD-L ] Was recent posts now telling it like it is

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:34:03 -0400 (EDT)

In the older Redbooks, for each dog/bitch featured they had the following
comprehensive questionnaire (sorry for the length) with answers provided by
the owners/breeders.   This was, in my opinion, a great start in determining
the problems and/or traits produced by certain lines.   However, my guess is
that it went by the wayside due to answers that could be considered
protective of one's lines. Perhaps if we all would be candid about such issues,
we
could eliminate some of the problems that plague the breed we profess to
love so much. I wish breeders would be thoughtful of the breed's future rather
their 15 minutes of fame. Just my opinion.
Regards,
Pat

My dog produces or improved the following traits in his or her progeny.
Please respond after each statement by using words like: none, few, some,
many, most.

sound character and strong temperament
alert personality and vitality
intelligent
rich pigment
adequate pigment
light pigment
strong ears
weak ears
hanging ears
long arched neck
short necks
complete dentition
correct bites
overshot bites
undershot or rye bites
dark eye color
light eye color
extreme balanced angulation
moderately balanced angulation
extreme forequarter angulation
extreme rearquarter angulation
compact feet and strong pasterns
sound movement coming and going
level strong back
sloping topline
extreme sloping topline
roach or saggy back
gradually sloping croup with low tailset
short croup and high tail set
short tails
ankylosis of tail
ring tail
hooked tail
saber tail
steep croup
longer bodies
longer legs
shorter legs
substantial
spindly
well muscled
early maturity
body outline of smooth curves
body outline of angles
plush coats
short coats
long coats
curly or wiry coats
livers or blues
cryptorchidism (monorchidism)
heart murmurs
diseases of spinal cord
epilepsy
esophageal achalasia
gastric dilatation-torsion
high, moderate, low or no Panosteiitis
ununited anconeal process
hip dysplasia

Also had litter size and percentage of dogs to bitches produced.