[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Wake Up JUDGES OOPS!!

  • From: PUD709@xxxxxxx
  • To: Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:18:10 EST

this Jimmy-Judge bashing is getting on my nerves.  First of all I  didn't
think this kind of thing was allowed and second-how petty.
I know it is frustrating to assume you are going to not win when you see
Jimmy at a show but you cant wi nif you dont play.  I know both Jimmy and  some
exhibitors have been surprised when he lost the breed-which is not the
usual-but it has happened.   Im assuming you all are talking about 99%  all
breed
shows.   Even the most honest judge likes to put a dog to  breed that will do
well in the group.  That is not dishonesty if it is a  close call between two
dogs.

These posts sound like there is no Winners dog or Winners bitch  awards.  I
thought that was what most shepherd exhibitors went to all  breeds for since it
is rare to see any number of Breed dogs entered.  True,  Jimmy is a smart
business man and only travels where he thinks he might  win.  Do any of you not
do the same.  Nobody I know wants to put out  this amount of money to go for
just fun.
Over the past thirty years I have put Jimmy up and I have beaten him. He  has
always taken both well.  I have also judged shows where a nice special  has
been presented against him but has dirty teeth,long nails and not the  cleanest
coat.  Not even a contest who to send to the group and best in  show.

Im not a died in the wool Jimmy fan nor am I against him. He has handled a
number of dogs for us in the long years  ago. Perhaps Im missing the point  but
what brought this about.  If  he brings a judge a dog and it is a  good
one-what is the beef.  He is the consumate  professional and  though even I
would
change the way he goes about a few things I think this is  way over the
top-both about him and the judges.  There is more than one  exhibitor who would
gladly step into his shoes but I dont know if they would  want to be on the
road 11
months a year and put in the mental and physical labor  to achieve this.
Marion Lawrence