[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WD/BOW/BOB & GROUP 3 Owner Handled Again :)

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx, BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:58:34 -0700 (PDT)

In 25 years of showing I have only won one group with a class dog and he had
finished that day for a major anyhow. Chances of winning the group are slim. If
you can get a major by going over the specoals, go for it. That is much easier
and realistic than winning a group. I  don't know of anyone in this
area(midwest), professional or not, that shows a dog in minor shows, when they
just need a major. Ann
Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  It is shameful. Bandits owners
have pulled him alot. They
have added up into over a thousand+ dollars in entries
where they pulled him. As you said recently alot more
people are starting to show non-singled out dogs trying to
get a Major through Group. It is possible if the
handler/dog has a VERY good chance of winning. BUT what
is wrong (IMO) is when the handlers are not pulling singled
out dogs AND there is NO major in the Group, or when they
are clueless if the Group judge would even like their dog.
What is the sense of that? There are shows coming up,
which BAndit will be pulled AGAIN due to no MAjors. As I
said before he was only shown this weekend, since there
were NO points going in to this show. There are some shows
that his owners "may" show him at because of the
Breed/Group judge, do I blame them..NO..since the handlers
in our area are starting to routinely show singled out
dogs, winning the points, just in the "hopes" to get a
MAjor through Group while other owner handlers stay home
since they do not want to get "ripped apart" if they
"dared" to try what the handers are doing.

We NEED Majors, and the problem is many like yourself are
NOT showing due to the politics (handlers/judge's dogs).
When we see a MAjor in our area, it is usually "built" for
a dog/bitch and 9 times out of ten thatdog/bicth goes up
due to the connections the handler/judge/owner has.

I wish more owners would show their dogs. Maybe if enough
of us got out there, and started communicating with each
other WE could build our own Majors/point shows, and LEAVE
the handlers OUT of it. Stay away from the known political
judges, and look for judges who owners think they have a
fair chance under IF we worked together.

At this rate if things continue as they are now, the
numbers will continue to go down,a nd more and more people
will be getting out of showing. No wonder the quality is
going down, things need to change.

--- BonJenShepherds@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> I live in near the area Ann Marie is referring to & I
> can attest that
> this is becoming regular practice for some handlers &
> exhibitors. I know of 3
> GSD's that finished recently with more then 22 points
> each (one way more then
> that) from looking for majors from a group win. I also
> know of several more
> that are still out looking for a group win to finish (2
> are owned by
> breeder/judges) They don't care if the dogs is singled
> out, they show them regardless
> of the points in breed. I finally got sick of it and
> stopped showing at
> all-breed shows, I know of other local exhibitors that
> have stopped going to
> all-breeds as well because of this BUT the problem is
> growing, one of my GSDs
> recently went reserve at a specialty show to a GSD with
> 23 points, The
> breeder/judge owner of the winner knew the major did not
> hold before the dog went in the
> ring but they were apparently hoping to go breed over
> the several specials
> to make a major (they went BOS, not a major).
>
> Bonnie
>
> BonJen Shepherds

> POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the
> property of the original author and of GSD Communication,
> Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any kind are
> permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,
> REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
> APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF
> ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
> EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS
> OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please contact the List Management at
> admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - URL temporarily deleted due to AOL
> issues

Ann Marie
www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds.Amari.html
Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC OFA
R/Best in Futurity Ch Amari's Ava Gardner TC OFA
Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC (pointed,included a Herding Group 4 Owner
handled)

http://mail.yahoo.com
POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Ann
www.edangsd.com
home of #1 2005 Major producing Dam, I've Got It All of Edan ROM
Breeder/owner of 58 Champions and 16 Register of Merit
I've Got Ch Mechanical Bull-Can Sel #4 Ch MeMe puppies