[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WAS AKC breeder of Merit

  • From: Carolyn Putnam <kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:24:01 -0700

Something is sent between the OFA and the AKC as to which dog has been
tested for their TC. Once that has been accomplished, then the dog receives
it's CHIC #.  That's the way it worked for my bitch.
I too am totally appalled that the requirements for a CHIC were lowered.
Especially when I make note of all the various dog's titles for the 13
club.  I think it's important that a dog is tested for certain items, but
one does not have to get carried away with it either.  Not many people seem
to care about going for a Breeder of Merit award.  To do all the various
tests take too much time and money.  But somewhere in there, there needs to
be a happy medium and not hand out the CHIC # to anything that comes down
the pike.  JMHO

Carolyn

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:40 AM, <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's true.  Personally I have a link on my site for questions to ask
> when looking for a companion puppy.  I have to remember to tweak it and
> include how to look up OVC, but you get the idea.  Basically when folks
>  call
> looking for a puppy and someone has said they bred Billy to Sue, I tell
>  them to
> get the registration name, # etc. and go to the appropriate web site to
> verify.
>
> I think for BOM you don't need TC...that isn't a health  screening.  But I
> also think the PC send the names to the OFA; I've never  cent copies of
> certs to OFA and they show up.
>
> Is it me or is this starting to look like alphabet soup?  I need my  second
> cup of coffee....
>
> Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
> Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
> visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/_ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/)
>

> In a message dated 5/17/2011 7:55:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> I don't  believe CHIC has anything to do with it.  The requirement is that
> every dog be tested in accord with parent club requirements......if the
> club
> doesn't have any requirements, no health tests are  required.
> Besides...AKC never checks on whether the tests were  done or
> not...........YOU certify and THEY believe youl
> That's all  there is to it.
>
> Peggy
>
> ----- Original Message ----- > In a  message dated 5/17/11 3:30:30 PM
> Pacific
> Daylight Time,
> >  Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:
> > IT would  be the screenings required  for CHIC, which is Hips, Elbows,
> and
> > Temperament, I  think...

> POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
> original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> FORWARDS of
> any kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
> of
> the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each Author is responsible  for the content of his/her post.  This group
> and its administrators are  not responsible for the comments or opinions
> expressed in any post.
>
> ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
> MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
> BE
> PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please contact the List Management at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

> POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
> [...]

*Carolyn Putnam*
Fairwind - Supplies for the German Shepherd Dog Exhibitor
Fairwind German Shepherd Dogs
GSDCA Thirteen Club Chair