[ SHOWGSD-L ] Virginia Brags

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:01:36 -0500

This past Sunday, I received a wonderful Birthday present when our boy,
"Finnegan," went WD/BOS at both the AM and PM GSDC of Eastern Virginia
Specialty shows for a total of 7 points.  Our sincere thanks go out to the
judges, Philip Miller and Nancy Harper-Mulvaney, for appreciating a dog like
Finnegan who can be shown at any speed on a loose lead.

Finnegan is Clayfield Michael Finnegan Hallmark.  He's by Ch. Silverhill's
Matrix Resolved out of Clayfield Murphy Mack, ROM.  Finn was bred by Alice
Likens, Nancy Wallace and Sharon&Michael Avery.  He is owned by Kim Moseley,
Jim Hall and me.

These wins are very special to us because Finnegan suffered a serious injury as
a youngster and we weren't sure if he would ever return to the ring.  Finn's
healthy and whole now and he's enjoying the show ring again.  He's also crazy
about herding with his good buddy, Julie Degen.  In fact, as a reward for a job
well done, we took Finnegan herding after the shows.  It was a beautiful sight
to behold..  A GSD doing what he was bred to do!  (Who says angulated dogs
can't herd.  <grin>)

Now for the thanks..  Kim and I would like to thank our favorite handler,
Olivia Calabrese, for her wonderful presentation of Finnegan.  Thanks also to
Leslie Dancosse and my good friend and partner, Kim Moseley, for taking Finn
back in for the BOB competition.  Additionally, we would like to thank Donna
Calabrese for her beautiful grooming job and Julie Degen for her energetic
doubling.  Kim and I were almost overwhelmed by the wonderful ringside comments
and congrats from other exhibitors, spectators and handlers.  A BIG "Thank You"
to you all!

Last, but not least, we would like to thank the extremely hardworking Eastern
Virginia Club.  As usual, the Club went all out in regards to hospitality.  On
Saturday night, after a delicious potluck dinner, there was a interesting
discussion regarding the state of our Breed today and what the future may hold
for the GSD and conformation showing.  All and all, it was a weekend to
remember!

Thanks for letting me brag!

PaulETTE McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds