[ SHOWGSD-L ] Vancouver Island

  • From: Helen Franklin <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 12:55:54 -0700

I lived on Vancouver Island from 1980 to 1984.  I had my dream kennel on five
fenced acres with a $100,000 dog barn designed with all those special things.
I had a heated whelping room with a built in bed for me, a kitchen with a long
counter and raised powder blue tub for bathing dogs, a huge panneled office
40'long, with built-in shelving for trophies and customed tiled floor, 6 indoor
runs (also heated) twenty feet by 6 feet with hose-out ability and gutter on
cement.  Also, a brand new house, plus outdoor runs of 30 X 10...etc.
One problem, I also had a Select Stud Dog and some top upcoming Select bitches
and going to and from shows was impossible, as well as having bitches in for
breedings.  Living on an island and "actively" showing dogs in the U.S. and
Canada is more then difficult, it doesn't work.  So I sold my dream kennel that
I created for next to nothing (current value $5,000,000) and moved back to
California...oh what we do for dogs!
Helen