[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Vaginal smears

  • From: "Arcturus" <arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:00:59 -0400

Thanks everyone for answering.  Here is where we are.  On Monday,  the vet who
usually does the repro work said she was only 10% cornified and he thought
Thurs. or Friday would be the days. But to make sure,  before we drove 5 hours
to Va. we should do it again on Wed.  However,  he would not be there Wed. but
one of the other vets could do the smear.  On Wed. That vet said she was "most
of the way" cornified and the nucli were leaving the cells so she was probably
going out!  My male had no interest in her on Tues,  and only a slight interest
last night.  She is spotting blood,  although this morning they are lighter.
She did flag this morning for the first time.  She is 5 years old and I know
the older bitches do tend to ovulate later in the cycle.  Any thoughts?   Sue