[ SHOWGSD-L ] Update to Sad News :( Help Needed

  • From: Ann Mariano <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 19:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

I know several people asked for me to let them know about the autopsy results
for Gaidia.  Unfortunately Red Bank's neurologist supposedly wrote no autopsy
needed on Gaidia's records despite the owner's brother and the owner both
telling them they wanted an autopsy done since all blood work, xrays, and MRI
came back negative, and the neurologist strongly recommending putting her down,
and they did so based on his recommendation.

The owner is beyond upset since she called Red Bank Tuesday since they had her
wrong address, and asked about the autopsy.  At the time, they told her it will
take up to a week to get back giving no indication it was not ordered.   She
called back later in the week about another billing error, and found out NO
autopsy was done when she asked again about the results.  They told her they
sent her body out Tuesday to be destroyed since the Dr. wrote no autopsy
needed. She can't understand since if they had told her this on Tuesday she
would have corrected the mistake before they sent her body out. It is very
devastating to everyone since the Dr's had no answers on why Gaidia became
suddenly paralyzed, and we all hoped the autopsy would give them answers.

On top of everything else her owned is on bed rest for a high risk pregnancy,
and is distraught since this was her baby girl who she will never know if she
did the right thing by her. She asked for all her records, xrays, and MRI
results to be sent to her reg vet for him to look over since she can not
believe after her brother and mother talking to the neurologist, and her
talking to him over the phone that he did not order the autopsy which they
wanted. I feel so so sorry for this woman, this is stress she does not need and
has already been through enough and  her blood pressure is now up, and being a
high risk pregnancy this is not good.  Her other shepherd is sad, and has
barely eaten all week, and her mother is still upset since Gaidia slept with
her at night.  I can not imagine the pain she is feeling since she will never
know what happened to her baby girl.  She is  determined to find out what
happened, but I don;t think we'll ever know
 since the hospital never gave the autopsy.
I don;t know what else to say.  Thank you to everyone who tried to help us find
out what happened.  It was good to have everyone support, and I only wish I had
an answer too but sadly I don;t either.

Ann Marie
www.geocities.com/amarigermanshepherds/Amari.html
Home of Ch Fairway's Leah v Nadelwald TC ROM OFA
Ch Amari's Beware of Foxy Roxy CGC TC OFA
Amari's Elizabeth Taylor (Major pointed/Major Reserve @ 6 months)