[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Upcoming judge/ Judges Judging..

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:09:16 -0400

As President of our regional club, i feel we need to do anything we can to
keep our clubs alive whether small or large we have a responsibility to
choose judges with integrity who are fair and honest and well respected.

I would be curious to know the strategy of getting an all-arounder instead
of a  breeder judge for a specialty ?  Here in Florida the all-breeds are
barely if even drawing a 1 point entry. I can't tell you how many times i
have entered and there was not even a point. If we chose an all-arounder for
our specialty it would be the kiss of death for our show right from the
get-go. Is it the opposite way around up north ? Are the all arounders
drawing entries rather than breeder judges ?

At any rate be secure in your choice of judges. If it was well thought out
and you chose a judge with integrity your entries will not hurt for it.

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com