[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Unusual Appetites

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:40:28 -0400

Sheila wrote:  "...sometimes being smart and educated is not enough to figure
out why Fido eats string and tries to kill himself with it, or whatever dogs
eat."

Thanks for pointing this out, Sheila.  A couple of my dogs have a paper eating
fetish.  I try my best to never leave any paper product in reach of these guys.
 Seeing how they live in the house, this is quite a chore.  From time to time,
they still get a "fix" when my husband leaves a paper napkin on the coffee
table and I can't nab it in time.  Yes, the paper eaters are regularly vetted
and are perfectly healthy.  They just enjoy eating paper.

Then there's my "Burger Boy."  (An 11 month old GSD.)  The other day, while I
was on the phone, he jumped up on the sofa, then onto a tall buffet.  Why did
he do this?  To take a picture off the wall so that he could eat the wood
frame.  Thank goodness I heard the racket and was able to grab the thing out of
his mouth before he could eat it!

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam