[ SHOWGSD-L ] Undeserving dogs

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:36:01 -0700

If I or anyone else were to answer these questions of Jane's, it would cause
an uproar heard round the world.  With all of us, sometimes we win when we
shouldn't and sometimes lose when we shouldn't.  If one of our dogs is
perceived as "ugly"  and "faulty", that does not mean that our whole kennel
is ugly and faulty, or our breeding program lacking.  It means one of our
dogs is ugly.  If our ugly dog wins, the judge either likes ugly dogs or is
crooked.  The fault lies with the judge if that case not the owner.  All of
us have produced good ones and not so good ones...tis life.  Naming names
would be hurtful and pointless.  What is done is done.  But whatever is
done....it is our responsibility to "never forget."
Helen
Jane writes:

Jane Kerner <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:   I am an
exhibitor.......not a judge.
  I have no judging license to "level the playing field".
  Let me try and understand what is being alleged here?
  I am just wondering?
  ........are any successes and/or losses that I, or anyone, may have had
through the years the result of "crooked" judging?
  And, if you believe that my (or someone else's) dogs have won because of
"crooked" judges and that they did not win on their own merit because of
their quality...........what must you think of any of the breeding programs
of any one who has achieved a modicum of success in the breed ring?
  You don't think their dogs deserve the successes achieved? You think the
dogs were not worthy?
  If the judging is "crooked", then the dogs who are winning are not
deserving. No?
  Perhaps we should start giving name to the "undeserving dogs"..........it
would help to identify these "dishonest" judges.
  If someone would start naming "undeserving" dogs who have been successful
in the breed ring, then we will be able to give names to the judges who are
"crooked". No?
  I have always valued the Red Book and the information it offers. It is a
breeder's hand book and a wealth of information for those who will read. The
results are tabulated more than one way.
  Are the dogs in the Red Book included in the tabulations because "crooked"
judges have given them titles they don't deserve?
  Could someone name a deserving dog who should have finish his Championship
and didn't because of "crooks" in the center of the ring?
  This sword which has been unsheathed cuts both ways.
  Jane Kerner